A Job Dictionary is a comprehensive list of the physical demands of specific work tasks. Individual tasks are thoroughly examined by an experienced Occupational Therapist and the inherent critical demands of the tasks documented.
A Job Dictionary includes:
- A description of each task
- The frequency and duration of each task
- Hours, shifts and breaks
- The physical, cognitive and psychological demands of each task
- Photos of tasks
Benefits of a Job Dictionary
- Provides the employer with a comprehensive document outlining the physical demands of a task.
- Can assist a worker’s treating doctor to determine the worker’s fitness to return to work following injury or illness.
- Can be used by the employer to determine a worker’s fitness to undertake specific work tasks following injury or illness.
- Provides a useful tool for rehabilitation coordinators and health professionals to use when seeking suitable duties.